Terms and Conditions for Labour Live 2018
These conditions govern all tickets issued for the event and the admission to the venue and should be read in accordance with the site rules and the conditions of the official ticketing agent. All tickets are issued either by us or on our behalf. Any person who purchases, possesses, uses or attempts to use any ticket shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to comply with these conditions. In the case of any conflict or ambiguity between these conditions and the site rules or conditions of the official ticketing agent, these conditions will prevail.
Ticket purchase and delivery
- 1. Tickets may only be purchased via the official ticketing agent or through any other sale or transfer mechanism authorised by us. Tickets purchased or obtained from any other source shall be void and may be seized or cancelled without refund or compensation.
- 2. We reserve the right to limit, at the time of purchase, the maximum number of Tickets that any person may purchase for the Event. Tickets may be limited to a maximum number per person, per payment card and/or per household. We reserve the right to cancel without prior notice any Tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- 3. The nominated payment card or the registered bank account used to purchase Tickets must be registered in the name and address of the Ticket Purchaser. We reserve the right to refuse any application for Tickets from any person who fails to comply with this condition or to cancel any Tickets purchased in breach of this condition.
- 4. To prevent fraud and protect both you and us, either we or the Official Ticketing Agent may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we or the Official Ticketing Agent suspect fraud, we may cancel any order for Tickets.
- 5. Once payment in full has been received by us or by the relevant the Official Ticketing Agent, the Ticket Purchaser will be provided, by email, with a confirmation of the sale and a booking reference number.
- 6. We reserve the right to not replace or accept any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, defaced or forged, or any Ticket which is unreadable or incomplete. Keep your Ticket safe.
- 7. It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and booking confirmation and inform us immediately of any inaccuracies; mistakes cannot always be rectified. We cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any documentation within 5 days of purchase.
Ticket Use and Prohibitions on Transfers
- 1. Tickets are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold or offered, exposed or made available for sale, or transferred or otherwise disposed of. We reserve the right to cancel without refund any tickets issued to a ticket holder whom we believe plans to offer a ticket for resale otherwise than in accordance with these conditions.
- 2. Listing of tickets on any re-sale site is not permitted and any tickets seen so listed may be cancelled without refund.
- 3. If more than one ticket is issued to a ticket
purchaser, the ticket purchaser must retain one ticket for
his/her personal use. Any remaining tickets may only be
used by a natural person who is known to the ticket
purchaser personally (and who did not become known to the
ticket purchaser through the sale, transfer or disposal of
the ticket) and who is intended to accompany the ticket
purchaser to the event and subject to the following conditions:
- a. The sale, transfer or disposal of any such tickets must not be for a value greater than the original sale price of the ticket;
- b. the sale, transfer or disposal must be strictly subject to these conditions (and the transferee's acceptance thereof) which shall be binding upon the transferee in full as if the transferee was the ticket purchaser, save only that such transferee shall have no right to transfer the ticket, nor any right to a refund.
- 4. Any ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of as outlined in these terms and conditions may be cancelled, and any person seeking to use the ticket may be refused admission to or be evicted from the venue without refund or compensation and may also be liable to legal action, even if the ticket holder did not have prior notice of these conditions or the breach thereof.
Refunds and Cancellations
- 1. Tickets are sold subject to our right to add or alter the published event programme without notification which may result in changes to the performance line-up, playing times or any other aspect of the event. We reserve all rights in this regard. Any published start times of a performance at the event are estimates and subject to change. We shall not be liable for any change of a published start time or change to the artists scheduled to perform. No scheduled acts may be considered as headline acts regardless of their relative fame or prominence in the billing and so cancellation by an artist or performer will not entitle you to a refund.
- 2. We reserve the right to make alterations to the time, duration and venue of the event or other details governed by any ticket on the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including safety and security concerns or decisions from any authorised person or other competent authority. In the event of such alteration, neither we nor the Official Ticketing Agent will be liable to the ticket holder for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration.
- 3. As soon as we become aware of postponement, rescheduling or cancellation of the event, all available information will be posted on www.labour.live but it is the responsibility of the ticket holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alternation.
- 4. A ticket will not be exchanged or refunded if:
- a. After the event has started it is stopped for any reason and is not completed the same day
- b. On the date of the event the start time is delayed for any reason
- c. The start time of the event changes after the date the ticket was purchased
- d. The ticket is used for entry into the venue
- 5. We shall be required to refund a ticket purchaser (on application by the ticket purchaser) with the face value of the relevant ticket under exceptional circumstances.
- 6. We shall not be required to refund any fees or charges paid in addition to the face value of the ticket. No interest or costs will be payable in respect of any monies refunded.
- 7. Only the ticket purchaser may apply for a refund. If we initiate a refund process the ticket purchaser will be advised of the process.
- 8. Promotions, deals or discounts offered are provided at our discretion. All such offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn by us at any time. Retrospective refunds are not permitted against any offer or promotion advertised after a booking is made.
Venue Entry and Requirements
- 1. These conditions incorporate the site rules. If any ticket holder fails to comply with the applicable site rules, the ticket holder may be refused admission to or evicted from the venue without refund or compensation.
- 2. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. If you are 18 or over and are accompanying a minor to the festival you will be asked to show ID on entry, if you are lucky enough to look under the age of 18. We cannot issue refunds to under 18s who are not accompanied by an adult.
- 3. Admission to the venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid ticket and if required photographic proof of identity and proof of age - passport, driving license (photo ID), proof of age card bearing a PASS hologram, national identity card issued by an EU member state or Ministry of Defence identity card. One ticket will be required for each person, regardless of age. The ticket holder is not guaranteed an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of any performance, nor is any representation or warranty given as to the quality, content or duration of the event.
- 4. Re-admission to the festival is only in exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis. Please speak to an Authorised Person before leaving if you plan on being readmitted.
- 5. For the purposes of safety, security and/or checking compliance with these conditions, each ticket holder shall, if requested by any authorised person, co-operate and comply fully with the instructions and guidelines of such authorised person including producing a valid ticket and photographic proof of identity and age.
- 6. A ticket holder may be requested to submit to a body check and/or a search of his/her possessions for the purposes of locating and removing any prohibited item, and any refusal by the ticket holder may result in refusal of admission to or eviction from the venue without refund or compensation.
- 7. Last entry for ticket holders at the event is at 19:30 on Saturday, 16th June.
- 8. Any authorised person may refuse admission to or eject
from the venue without refund or compensation any ticket
- a. Is noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any behaviour modifying substance, or is behaving, or considered by any authorised person likely to behave, violently, harmfully or in a manner contrary to public order and/or safety.
- b. Brings or attempts to bring into the venue, possesses
or uses within the venue or in the vicinity thereof any
prohibited item, including but not exhaustive of:
- i. Glass including bottles, perfume or mirrors etc or any cans
- ii. Air horns, mega phones, vuvuzelas, drums, sound systems.
- iii. Aerosols over 250ml, blow torches, spray cans
- iv. Alcohol or any drink over 500ml - only small unopened bottles permitted, no glass
- v. BBQs, gas cylinders, cutlery, cool bags or boxes, cooking utensils
- vi. Balloons, Chinese/Sky lanterns, kites, flags with poles, distress or smoke flares/bombs, gazebos, laser equipment or laser pens
- vii. Banners, signs or materials displaying offensive messages, slogans or images
- viii. Animals or pets (excluding support dogs)
- ix. Professional audio visual recording equipment such as tape recorders, film or video equipment excluding cameras for personal use.
- x. Drones
- xi. Legal highs or Nitrous Oxide
- xii. Illegal substances
- xiii. Weapons or penknives
- xiv. Anything that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment, comfort, or safety of any person or security at the venue
- c. Brings or attempts to bring in food that is not for personal use (with the exception of baby food). There will be a huge variety of food and drink outlets available at the event.
- d. Brings or attempts to bring into the venue, sells, possesses or uses within the venue or in the vicinity thereof any sponsorship, promotional or commercial items or materials (of whatever nature) without our prior written authorisation (and the ticket holder may be asked to deliver a copy of any such authorisation on request).
- e. Whilst within the venue or the vicinity thereof engages in any form of activity related to marketing or advertising or conducts commercial activity whatsoever, or offers (either for free or for sale), sells or possesses items with intent to sell in each case without our prior written authorisation (and any such items may be removed, confiscated and/or destroyed without compensation at our discretion and/or the discretion of any authorised person.
- f. Whilst within the venue or vicinity thereof engages in disruptive, dangerous or violent behaviour including but not exhaustive to throwing, casting, thrusting or propelling any object at any person, instigates violence or racism, behaves in a way that any reasonable person may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory and/or offensive, creates or poses any threat to the life or safety of themselves or any other person(s), or harms any other person(s) in any way or unreasonably obstructs the viewing of other spectators.
- g. Whilst within the venue, enters or circulates in restricted access areas or other areas where that person is not allowed access to, or climbs lighting, masts, fences, roofs and other apparatus or constructions.
- h. Whilst within the venue, damages, interferes with or tampers with any property of any third party.
- i. Whilst within the venue, smoking in any of the temporary buildings is not permitted.
- j. Is suspected of committing or having committed or being likely to commit a criminal offence in or about the venue
- k. Whilst within the venue or the vicinity thereof, fails to comply with the instructions from us and/or any authorised person, or refuses a security search.
- 9. Wristbands will be used and valid tickets will be exchanged for wristbands on entry into the venue. Wristbands cannot be issued until the day as stated on the ticket and are only issued directly to the ticket holder. It is not possible to collect wristbands on behalf of other people and all wristbands must be placed and secured on the individuals wrist directly by us. Your wristband will be invalidated if any part of it is removed, detached, altered or defaced. Wristbands will not be reissued or replaced regardless of whether you still have your ticket.
- 10. Ticket holders must retain their tickets/wristbands at all times whilst within the venue and tickets/wristbands must be produced for inspection upon request and/or the request of any authorised person. Failure to comply may result in the ticket holder being ejected from the venue without refund or compensation. 11. The ticket holder is responsible for his/her own personal property brought to and into the venue. Neither we nor the Official Ticketing Agent/ local authority, nor any authorised person accepts any responsibility for any loss, theft or damage of a ticket holder's personal property.
Media and recordings
- 1. Photographs or any other recording of sound or images taken by a ticket holder within the venue may be used for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes only.
- 2. Each ticket holder attending the event:
- a. Acknowledges that they are likely to be recorded and the resulting content publicly disseminated across a range of media.
- b. Acknowledges that the police and/or security staff may carry out filming for the security of ticket holders and the prevention of crime.
- c. Agrees that perpetual use may be made, free of charges, of their voice, image and likeness captured whilst present at or about the venue by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technology.
- 1. Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. We strongly recommend all minors wear ear defenders and all attendees take any precautions they deem necessary.
- 2. Subject to it being stated otherwise in these conditions or on our website, it is the responsibility of the supervisors of a child to determine whether an event is suitable for that child to attend and we do not accept any liability or responsibility in relation to the same.
- 3. No trading is allowed anywhere within the venue without our prior written authorisation.
- 4. The event operates licensed bars and you need to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol at the event. Please be aware that if we think that you look 21 years old or younger you may be asked to provide proof of age and if you are unable to do so you will not be served alcohol.
- 5. Access to each designated area within the venue is subject to capacity and we accept no liability and will not offer any ticket refunds if a ticket holder is unable to attend a specific performance listed on the schedule.
- 6. We take the needs of ticket holders who are disabled and who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourage you to attend. If you have access requirements for the Event please register your requirements through firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7. Nothing in these conditions seeks to exclude our liability or that of the owner of the venue or any authorised person for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- 9. In the event that any provision of these conditions is declared void, ineffective or unenforceable in any respect by any competent court in any jurisdiction, that provision shall be severed to the extent necessary in that jurisdiction, and the remainder of these conditions will remain in effect as if such provision had not been included and the validity, enforceability and/or legal effect of such remaining conditions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- 10. We reserve the right to make amendments to these Conditions from time to time at our sole discretion (including, without limitation, by amending or supplementing the site rules and/or the list of prohibited items). A full copy of the latest version of the Conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at [https://action.labour.org.uk/page/content/labour-live-terms/] and, upon request, from us at email@example.com
- 11. Any information requests or other correspondence in relation to these conditions should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12. Any breach of any these conditions may result in the cancellation of the ticket, the refusal of admission to the ticket holder to the venue, or his/her eviction from the venue, in each case without refund or compensation in addition to any other remedy that we may have, even if the ticket holder did not have prior notice of the condition or the breach. No failure or delay by us to exercise any right (in whole or in part) under these conditions shall constitute a waiver of that right, nor restrict any further exercise of that right.
- 13. All tickets and wristbands remain our property. In the event of any breach of any of these conditions by a ticket holder, tickets and wristbands must, upon the request of any authorised person, be delivered up to that authorised person. Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which we may have.
- 14. These conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these conditions which is not already set out in these conditions.
- 15. Any person (other than us, the Official Ticketing Agent, the owner of the Venue or any Authorised Person) not party to these conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 16. These conditions will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these conditions or a ticket holder's attendance at the event will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to pursue any legal proceedings in a competent court in the defendant's domicile, which proceedings shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
- 17. These conditions shall not affect a person's statutory rights as a consumer.
When used in these conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- "Authorised Person(s)" means collectively all Event management, Venue management, Police, public bodies and agencies responsible for safety and security in connection with the Event or the Venue, and their respective staff, officials, representatives, officers and volunteers;
- "Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Site Rules which are incorporated into these conditions by reference, together with any amendments or updates to the same issued by or on our behalf from time to time;
- "Event" means the Labour Live festival
- "Face Value" means the specified price of the ticket only (including United Kingdom value added tax thereon) as stated on the relevant ticket, and excludes any handling fee (or part thereof) or other fees or charges paid by the ticket purchaser in respect of that ticket (including postage or courier charges);
- "Handling Fee" means the fee payable per ticket transaction or order, charged in addition to the face value of the ticket, for the processing and delivery of tickets in that transaction or order;
- "Official Ticketing Agent" means our official appointed ticket agent for the event, acting as our agent currently this is in house;
- "Original Sale Price" means the specified price of each ticket plus any handling fee (or part thereof) and other charges necessary to effect the sale or trade of that ticket (including postage or courier charges);
- "Prohibited Item(s)" means any items which we or any Authorised Person deem to be dangerous or inappropriate including (without limitation) those items specified at https://action.labour.org.uk/page/content/labour-live-faqs/
- "Site Rules" means all rules relating to the venue made known to you by us or by any third party on our behalf whether in writing, online or otherwise (including on display at the Venue);
- "Ticket" means any ticket (whether a hard copy ticket or an e-ticket) evidencing a personal revocable licence from us for an individual to attend the Event and the Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon.
- "Ticket Holder" means any individual possessing, holding or using a ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred;
- "Ticket Purchaser" means the individual who has purchased a ticket or tickets through the event's official ticket programme;
- "Venue" means the entire premises of Labour Live where the event is scheduled to take place including all adjacent and surrounding areas used or controlled by us in connection with the staging of the event.
- "We" means the Labour Party;
- "Wristband" means any valid wristband given to a ticket holder in exchange for their ticket at the event.