Tell the Government: Back Labour's plan to keep energy bills low
The Conservatives have failed on energy and working families are paying the price:
- Failed on gas storage
- Failed to regulate our energy market properly - dozens of firms have gone bust and households foot the bill
- Failed to meet Britain's renewable potential
- Failed to make more homes warm and well-insulated
Now, after 10 years of failed energy policy, rapidly rising prices are hitting millions.
That's why Labour would take fully-funded measures to reduce the expected price rise in April, saving most households around £200 or more, but targeting extra support to squeezed middle, pensioners and the lowest earners, receiving up to £600 off bills and preventing all of the increase in energy bills currently expected.
But we know that short term fixes aren't the answer. To help keep energy bills lower in the future, we will:
- Reduce our reliance on imported gas by accelerating home-grown renewables and new nuclear initiatives
- Ensure 19 million homes are warm and well-insulated, saving households an average of £400 a year
- Regulate the energy market properly, so no firms can play fast and loose with the rules
The Conservatives have fallen asleep at the wheel and it's causing a cost of living crisis.
Agree? Add your name to back Labour's plan today.